Addoptics is a high-tech scale-up that reduces the delivery time for manufacturing customer-specific optics in a small series from 6 weeks to 6 days by means of an unique concept using innovative 3D printing technology. We supply customer optics to industries such as automotive and machine vision.
Addoptics is based in Rotterdam, in Bluecity.
In this position, your focus will be managing all aspects of the casting process and developing methods and procedures to improve that process. To be successful in this position, you should have a solid background and understanding of mechanical operations and design. Experience with 3D printers and casting parameters is highly preferred, but we are open to starters with the right educational background. You will be working hands-on for some of the biggest names in the consumer and tech industry.
A successful candidate will be highly organized and innovative. In this position, you will need to be a self-starter who can take a project and run with it. You should feel comfortable both working independently and as part of a team. We are looking for someone who is constantly driven to find solutions and improve processes, and we will ensure that you get more than enough opportunity and funds to do so.
• Managing employees involved in the casting process
• Evaluate work methods, procedures, and polices to improve operations
• Further develop the mechanics of the casting process
• Assist in determining root cause analysis for issues
• Maintain safe and efficient housekeeping practices
Skills and qualifications
• Experience with process optimization and mechanical design
• Experience with 3D printers preferred
• Experience in casting parameters preferred
• Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a competent listener
• Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately
• Ability to excel and make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and demanding environment with a strong attention to detail
• C1 Dutch OR C1 English and C2 dutch required
What we offer
• This is a parttime opportunity working 32 hours per week
• Competitive compensation package for the right candidate
• Company laptop
• Ample vacation time (24 days per year)
• Company drinks and lunch on Thursday afternoons
• Located in the center of Rotterdam, we have a young and exciting company culture and atmosphere