Assignment #4: Render a Toothbrush!
We were really impressed with the renders… Camera’s have been very well chosen to render a mystified result, with post processing options that stress this even more. But be aware and stick to the rules! The assignment clearly says one image of 1024×1024 pixels and we received many images of different sizes… too bad!
For this assignment we would like you to pay special attention to:
- Material Transparency: use one or more transparent materials and make it look as realistically as possible.
- Material imperfections: scratches, rust, dust, cracks… play away with layered materials and use labels where necessary…
- Use any 3D model or modeler you like, we prefer Altair Inspire Studio
- Use only Altair Inspire Render for assigning the materials and create the final render
- Send in two files only:
- The render as a jpg or png, min. 1024 x 1024 pixels and 300 DPI
- The iRenderPack file, obtained by the command File > Save as > (choose Inspire Render Pack as file format)
- Follow the format (see below)! The background should be one neutral colour and make sure the rendered object is placed more or less in the middle and has enough whitespace!
- You are a member of ID
Send in your render before the 1st of April 2021 and have a chance to win a €100 voucher at bol.com and a special prize from ID!
How to upload your files
Upload your files to Dropbox using the following link!
Make sure to place your two files in a folder containing your name and give your two files the following name:
The winner will be announced on 12th of April on our socials!
You can still sign up!
Click on the following link to sign up for the unrestricted one-year free license for Altair Inspire Render and start rendering soon.